Sign in using your phone.
- First go to Google security
- Locate Signing in to Google. As shown below, you must have this on your google security account.
- Set-up setting for sign in using your mobile handset. And hence click on Get Started to set up this setting.
- You will be navigated to Use your sign in window. Click on set-up button. You will be prompted to enter you password (for security reasons), even if your have signed in to the browser or have saved your password. Enter the password and you will taken to phone details page. If you have used more than one mobile phones, you’ve signed in with this google account. Select the recently used device and click next.
- Verify you email address and click next.
- You will get a notification on your mobile handset to approve the sign in request. Approve it and bazzinga !! You’ve successfully set up a back door for your sign in.
- You will need to turn this setting on to update this setting to your account.
Note: You need to be connected to the internet for getting the notification to approve.
Set up a 2-step verification
This is to have a extra layer of verification and security to your login. Once you enter your password a unique verification code sent to your phone. Here’s how you can set this up.
- Enter your password to begin (for security reasons).
- As per the records from google, number associated to the account will be available in the mobile number field. Make sure your cross check it.
- As per your preference, choose to receive the code. Click next/try it.
- You will get a unique 6-digit code to your registered mobile number. Enter it and click next.
- VPN will be validated here and you will be asked to turn on this setting. Click on Turn on.
And that’s it. You’re all set to gain that extra layer of security and command over your account. You can also set a alternative second step instead of this unique 6-digit code from the list available.
Note: You can have either way of logging in mentioned here.